Soundcloud

Saturday 8 November 2014

Take a trip to...MIAMI BEACH

This week i made a significant purchase...my first synthesizer. Up until this point i have been clicking each note into place with a mouse and hoping for the best when it comes to my compositions. Now i have the new Alesis V49 at my disposal; which already has steered me in a new direction for my latest track...MIAMI BEACH.

As the name hopefully suggests; Miami Beach is a happy 80s summer style track, taking obvious inspiration from Miami Vice and other american 80s beach based cop/drama tv shows.

With regards to the composition of the track, i tried a new approach and actually used a bit of theory before starting. The basis of the track is based upon a five black key Pentatonic scale (common in Asian music) with a few tranposed white keys for a bit of diversity.

Have a listen and feel free to let me know what you think;



No comments:

Post a Comment